1. MSSP and Managed XDR – Secureworks CTO: Secureworks has hired Michael Aiello a chief technology officer. The high-profile hire — Aiello previously held key security posts at Google Cloud, Goldman Sachs and HUMAN Security — comes as Secureworks seeks to further accelerate its managed XDR platform — known as Taegis.
2. MDR Executive Leadership: Red Canary has hired John Ritchie as CFO. He previously held CFO roles at A Cloud Guru (acquired by Pluralsight), Splash Technology, Electronics for Imaging and Ubiquiti Networks, among others. Red Canary raised $81 million in Series C funding in 2021, and recently integrated its MDR services with SentinelOne and Palo Alto Networks.
3. Executive Leadership – Identity Verification and Authentication: Incode has hired Dean Hickman-Smith as chief revenue officer (CRO).4
4. Executive Leadership – Cybersecurity Consulting: Sygnia has hired PriceWaterhouseCoopers veteran Rafael Maman as VP of operational technology (OT) security.
5. Data Protection: Infinite Blue, a provider of business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR) planning and response management software, launched Cenari, an enterprise resilience platform that combines aspects of BC/DR into a single, unified platform.
6 . Bandai Namco Ransomware Attack: ALPHV, also known as the BlackCat ransomware group, apparently attacked video game maker Bandai Namco, according to vx-underground.
7. IoT Security: Microsoft has launched Defender for IoT, which protects printers, scanners, fax machines, smart TVs and other devices that are typically “unmanaged.”
8. CMMC Compliance – Microsoft 365: Exostar, which serves highly regulated industries, has updated its various IT services to allow SMBs to “overcome the technology, time, and cost obstacles of preparing for and demonstrating compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) cybersecurity requirements,” the company said. The effort includes technologies and services that allow SMBs to more easily comply with the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) 2.0 certification.
9. SaaS Security: DoControl has launched OAuth governance and remediation capabilities across Google Workspace, Microsoft Office 365, GitHub, and many other systems.
10. Cyber Education: Boise State University’s Institute for Pervasive Cybersecurity will supply PlexTrac to students and participants in the Cyberdome Project. The effort will help “rural Idaho organizations in managing their security posture,” the organizations said. Boise State has a similar relationship with Open XDR provider Stellar Cyber.